Sunday, June 16, 2019

Linda Fairstein: "Netflix's False Story Of The Central Park Five"

This is a story I don't want to know about.
I came across a piece enumerating some of the errors in the standard progressive/MSM account of the Central Park five. Then I couldn't get myself not to read Fairstein's account. My fear is that she's right. If she's wrong, that should be easy to confirm by reading the decision (as she herself notes). But that's roughly equivalent to: it should be (or should have been) easy to prove the documentary wrong. Which wasn't done, apparently.
   This is a convenient culture war test case. It's a case in which the whole edifice of the progressive media is united behind a story of abject racism/injustice. This has all been stirred up again by the documentary--about which the progressive media is uniformly gushing. But the documentary merely stirs the topic up, it didn't start anything. It merely elaborates on the progressive orthodoxy that's reigned for years.
   My recent crazification largely results from the discovery that progressive orthodoxies, which I largely trusted most of my life, are wrong an enormous percentage of the time.
   I absolutely don't have the time to nor interest in chasing this story down.
   But I have a guess/prediction, and it's: if I did decide to look into this more, Ms. Fairstein would turn out to be right about at least a fair bit of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home