Sunday, February 24, 2019

The Russian Collusion Hypothesis As A Test Of Political Sanity And Delusion

ok, don't forget:
  • I'm fairly committed to any of the strong or even moderate versions of the RCH being mostly false.
  • The left is strongly committed to some fairly strong version of RCH being true.
  • Conservatives, as I read them, are strongly committed to everything but maybe very, very weak versions of RCH (ones that involve unwitting, minor "collusion") being false.
I don't think there's any real chance that Trump colluded with the Rooskies...except in some very weak, incidental sense--e.g. he may have bent some law that he didn't really understand or whatever. The left seems to believe that he outright cooperated with the Russians to steal the election. I think that's completely crazy. I think that conservatives probably believe about what I believe.
   I think that Mueller will deliver a nothingburger. I think that said 'burger will prove that, yet again, progressives are living in a fantasy world of their own creation.
   Needless to say, if the report shows real collusion, Trump must go. And if he tries to suppress the report, he's gotta go. And if the former, then I'm the asshole. Though I do think there's a real chance of the latter...so I'm not placing any bets on that one.
   Anyway: I expect a no collusion proven verdict. And, so, I predict: still more evidence that Progressives are living in their own bizarre version of Narnia.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Mystic said...

I'm interested in how you would consider the following possible outcome to relate to "the RCH":

Mueller reports that Trump or his staff (with Trump's approval) knowingly cooperated with the Russian government to gain their assistance in any or all of the following:
- Winning the election (through their troll farms, information provided to Wikileaks, etc.)
- Bailing Trump out of his horrendous financial woes
in exchange for promoting Russian interests through policy or public relations actions.

I'm not saying it would be tantamount to "stealing" the election, but in my opinion, that would be a very strong version of the RCH, so I'm interested in how strong you would consider it.

Because, based on evidence available, I think it's extremely likely that this has occurred. I would wager money that Mueller's report, at the very least, includes an extremely strong suspicion that these things have happened, even if he lacks the virtually-incontrovertible evidence necessary to bring or recommend charges or impeachment against the POTUS.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home