Thursday, October 04, 2018

Pubs Signal Satisfaction With Kavanaugh Report

link
Dunno what's in there.
I wouldn't be likely to vote to confirm given what I know right now, I suppose, and having not seen the report.
The hearsay seems to indicate that there are relevant people the FBI didn't talk to. But, again, we don't know what's in the report.
I suppose my half-baked inclination is to think: the Pubs can confirm somebody fast if they want, or they can move forward on Kavanaugh, but not both. 
I don't see what harm another week of investigation would do. Well...not exactly true. I think I understand the harm it would do, but I suppose it to be better than the alternative, which is: making someone a Supreme when there are such doubts about him. That doesn't mean that we have to knuckle under to "Me Too" hysteria. I suppose it seems that there's a rational via media between (a) listen and believe and (b) just ramming him through.
But philosophers undoubtedly make shitty senators.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pete Mack said...

I am somewhat bemused by the pretence that Kavanaugh is in the ballpark of being a good USSC nomination. He was not on the top list even from from the Federal Society--he was on the lightning rod list...and it is pretty clear why. He drank a whoe lot over the years, and his past is visible on his face. He has a long history a Republican operative, and cannot be trusted to call balls and strikes fairly. (I mean... a Vince Foster conspiracy theorist?? Really? THAT'S the best Trump can do?)

3:31 PM  
Blogger Winston Smith said...

shit, is that true???

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home