Wednesday, October 03, 2018

Kavanaugh Busted Irrevocably

Well, that's it for him...there's no coming back from this:
"I didn't socialize with Brett," Roche said. "He would come home and he was incoherent, stumbling, he would sometimes be singing, he occasionally would wear this -- I think it was an old leather football helmet -- and he would throw up, and then in the morning would have a lot of trouble getting out of bed."
Stumbling? An old-school leather football helmet?? Singing???? This man was a menace! I'll tell you right now that I never...never!...had trouble getting out of bed after a night of drinking as an undergrad. The mere thought of it! I certainly hope Judge Kavanaugh is in a 12-step program. He may even need a 24-step program, by the sound of it.. I can say with great confidence that no one else in the U.S. government drank in college...most notably not Obama...who not only didn't drink, but didn't smoke weed either, and absolutely didn't didn't inhale. And also didn't do any coke or anything.
   I've got no particular view about Kavanaugh. I doubt much would be lost if we just moved on to the next nominee. Or, rather, I think that would be true in a vacuum. But, honestly, the Dems are going insane, and their behavior in this matter has been deplorable. I don't think SCOTUS should be treated as a political football...but I do think part of me will cheer if the Pubs tell the blue team to shove it and confirm him. I mostly hope they take the high road...not that they're particularly known for that or anything. I do think that the flames of rationality can be fanned in the Dems...though it's a long shot. And I do think it matters that a SCOTUS nominee has lied under oath, even if about fairly trivial matters. But this nonsense about treating even completely unsubstantiated sexual assault allegations as tantamount to proof has to stop. 
   That having been said--the Ramirez accusation does concern me quite a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home