Thursday, June 07, 2018

Andy Ngo: "At This Portland Bakery, White Guilt Poisons The Batter"

This is such an embarrassing load of shit that you'd think even the delusional PC crowd would have the cognitive and moral resources to be embarrassed and outraged by it...but you'd think wrong if you did.
   To my mind, one of the most amazing things about the social "justice" charlatans is how often they're out to make a buck--because they deserve money for their "emotional labor." Of all the laughably, nauseatingly, embarrassingly outrageous bullshit in this story, here's some of it:
Cameron Whitten’s apparent grifting actually dates back months, to when he first realized he could monetize progressive Portland’s generous surfeit of white liberal guilt. Last October, he appeared at a panel event on race and social justice with former Portland State sociology professor and hate crime researcher Randall Blazack. The blog post Blazack wrote after the event inadvertently exposes the methods used by race hustlers to manipulate and humiliate their targets:
One of [Whitten’s] points is that his time is valuable and he should not be expected to help white people with their racism without compensation. I totally agree. Before the event, I messaged him and said I was looking forward to the panel. I wanted to thank him for taking the time to be on my podcast. In the South we do that by buying folks beer.Me: I owe you a beer. Let me buy you one tonight.Him: I don’t drink. I accept cash though!Me: How about a salad. LOLHim: I find salads offensive.I thought the cash line was a joke so I made a joke about the salad. Apparently, I offended him. He trotted out this interchange to the packed room (and streaming online) about “this white man” offering him a salad. I apologized for the offending comment and took it as a cue that I should probably think about my use of humor, something that has gotten me in trouble before. (I tried to acknowledge his point by getting out my wallet that only contained 3 bucks, which I placed on the table in front of him. In retrospect, that was probably seen as being a bit rude.) After the talk, I went to the ATM and got out $20 to give him because I really do think his point about being compensated for his efforts is valid.
For his gratuitous and public humiliation of a progressive scholar, Whitten was not only afforded a warm reception at the event but he was thanked by his target, who was evidently grateful to have been shamed in this way. Blazack even wrote a follow-up post restating his craven apology once more, in response to which Whitten received more donations from supporters. “If you’re a white ally and you understand the power of reparations, here are my personal [donation] links,” he wrote in a Facebook post.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PC is just moralistic rent seeking. It should be no surprise when they demand payment in cash instead of cultural deference.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home