Monday, April 30, 2018

"Cultural Appropriation" LOL: Prom Dress Edition

"Cultural appropriation" is no more of an actual thing than is "white privilege." They're both exactly as morally wrong as blasphemy or witchcraft or some other damn made-up thing.
   Actually, I hereby resolve to look for ways to piss off the "appropriation" police. If you've got any good ideas, send 'em my way. I wish it were cheaper to dress like a samurai...shit's awesome, yo.
   Hm. I wonder what'd happen if I wore that prom dress? If something is both "appropriative" and "trans" does that even out? Or maybe I could argue that my "white privilege," if real, should protect me from charges of cultural appropriation. So they've gotta choose: either STFU about "cultural appropriation" or admit that we don't have "privilege."
   Or how about this: actually, non-white and non-males have schmivilege. Schmivilege is totally better than privilege, and having it means that you have to STFU about privilege.
   We should also make up some bullshit centrist nonsense transgression to throw at them. Like being a fuckwit. No, wait...that's actually a real thing. Um. I don't know. Why do I have to figure everything out? Just make something up. It doesn't even have to be vaguely plausible...it's just got to have an annoying name. Jeez, it's kind of hard to come up with completely nonsensical transgressions. How do the PCs do it? They seem to crank those things out like its nobody's business.
   More beer needed, obvs. You can't be expected to come up with this kind of crackpottery sober...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home