Friday, October 03, 2008

People Who Need To Get Out Of The House More
Rich Lowry Loves Sarah Palin Edition

It's getting really, really pathetic over at the Corner, I'm afraid. "Getting?", you might ask. Well, more so even than usual, I might respond, were I feeling snarky.

Witness Rich Lowry, writing:
I'm sure I'm not the only male in America who, when Palin dropped her first wink, sat up a little straighter on the couch and said, "Hey, I think she just winked at me." And her smile. By the end, when she clearly knew she was doing well, it was so sparkling it was almost mesmerizing. It sent little starbursts through the screen and ricocheting around the living rooms of America. This is a quality that can't be learned; it's either something you have or you don't, and man, she's got it.
Seriously, dude. This is pathetic. I am as susceptible to female wiles as most red-blooded American boys, and, well, perhaps more so than most. But Palin's hamming and mugging was disgusting. In fact, in all honesty, I thought I might barf. More than once. It was not hot. It was not cute. It was not alluring.

It was revolting.

Hot women scramble my circuits just like they do to everybody else. And smart hot women are off the charts. But, see, Palin isn't smart. And, though there's not a dang thing wrong with her, she just doesn't do anything for me.

Now, it's o.k. to think about sex, and it's o.k. to think about politics, but try not to do both at the same time, man. Being hot for her is one thing...that's your business. But it doesn't mean you've got to think she should be let anywhere near the levers of power.

Lowry's in danger of becoming the kind of geek who would turn over the nuclear codes to the the Soviet spy babe just because she bats her eyes at him.

And that, again, is pathetic.

I'm all for getting laid. And I'm all for getting political. But if you're so desperate for female attention that you actually think we should vote for someone just because she winked at the t.v. camera, then you absolutely, positively, no doubt about it need to get out of the house more often.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Palin for Wet-Dream-in-Chief?

4:48 PM  
Blogger Winston Smith said...

And, I mean, if we're going to go that route, shouldn't we pick like Jessica Alba or something Hallie Barry or somebody?

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home