Sunday, October 20, 2024

RCP is a Bloodbath for the Blues

Jeez. Harris's national lead (according to the rolling average) down below 1%--and the Dems basically can't win the EC with less than a 3 (4?)-point lead in the popular vote. Trump significantly up in all the swing states, including by 0.2 in WI. Betting odds average is 58-41.
   In '20 I kept saying that a right good thrashing might be the only thing that could save the Dems. I still think that. Or think it again. So, despite my concerns about Trump, I'm basically hoping for a blowout with coattails. Four years--or at least two--of concentrated attempts to dismantle the leftist machine might actually do something.
   And governing Trump is less horrifying by far than campaigning Trump. IMO.
   But, of course, Trump is a gamble. Not a gamble I want to take. But the best one available to us, I think.
   Also but: a lot can happen in three weeks...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home