Thursday, April 11, 2024

"How Taxpayers Will Heavily Subsidize Democrat Boots on the Ground This Election"

The private funding of Democrat election-influencing projects is itself a huge problem. Now your tax dollars are apparently going to be put to that use.
   Though, as the article notes, that's already been happening. I remember watching the stream of vans from campus to the polls in 2008. Even at the time, though a benighted Democrat, I was concerned. Encouraging college students to vote and funneling them to the polls is basically a Democrat GOTV project. Universities basically feed their students leftist propaganda, and then drive them to the polls. And a large percentage of universities are publicly-funded, needless to say. 
   I've seldom been a fan of anything but the most modest GOTV efforts. Reminding people to vote is one thing. Basically badgering people, registering people who neither know nor care enough to do so on their own, etc....this has almost always seemed to me to be a bad idea. I did engage in some of this for the Dems back in the day--but I was wrong to do so. For most of my life I've thought that anyone who doesn't care enough to vote probably doesn't know enough to vote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home