Thursday, April 25, 2024

Healthy Skeptic:...Is Getting Fed Up With Vax Safety BS

His general conclusion seems still to be: the vax doesn't help as much as you might think or hope, but it's damn unlikely to harm you.
   I got the first jab, when the batflu was more dangerous and we knew less about it. But I've had the COVID at least once now, and maybe/probably twice. And I'm sure I've been exposed a lot. I'm not anti-vax, I just decided not to jump on the boosterama express. 
And, in case my psychological quirks/weaknesses are not sufficiently clear: to some extent out of contrariness. The more dogmatic/hysterical the pro-vaxers got, the less likely it was going to be that I took another one. Dumb...I guess...but, as a heuristic, I'm not really sure that Don't give in to the hysteriacs is really as bad as the orthodoxy would have it. (Though, of course: whenever you find yourself at odds with the orthodoxy, you're probably wrong....)
   I still think--non-expert that I am--that the pro-vax dogma was dumb. Shoving it onto healthy young people in particular. And without what would seem to me to be sufficient safety testing. (Again: non-expert here.) In fact, I still think we should have been in favor of vax refuseniks: they were humanity's safety net in case it had turned out to be a disaster.
   But the older you get, the more rational it would seem to get the vax. 
   But, since I can't even seem to manage to get a flu shot more than about one year out of five, I'm thinking that I'll probably be slack about this one, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home