Thursday, April 25, 2024

"Donald Trump's Trial Will Only Help Him"

I don't know about "only"...but, on balance, it could well help him.
It's probably helping him with me.
I mean:
Here's Trump, unfit for the office. 
There's the left--hysterical, delusional, lying about virtually everything he says and does...and now, misusing the justice system--over and over and over--in an attempt to prevent Americans from voting for him. 
Right out in the open! Right in front of God and everybody! Shamelessly. Proudly. Some of these jackasses (e.g. the loathsome Letitia James) ran on doing this.
   So far as I can tell, their attitude is roughly: it doesn't matter how insane we are--he's unfit! You must ignore our shenanigans and focus on that unfitness.
   And, yeah, I think these are both true:
(a) The charges against Trump are a joke--a travesty of justice.
(b) Trump's unfit to be President.
   But here's a tip for the blue team: eventually, it becomes impossible or at least impractical to try to slice such things too finely. Eventually, your psychotic lawfare starts counting for him. And I mean: in favor of him for President.
And I mean: independently of the fact that, IMO, we should not be voting either for Trump or for Biden, but for/against the likely total state of a Trump or Biden administration. So, for example, in the Fall, I'll likely be voting not merely in accordance with the fact that Trump is less bad than Biden (in fact, I'm not sure he is), but in accordance with the fact that a Trump Department of Education will likely include more people like Betsy DeVos and fewer people like Catherine Lhamon...
   Trump and Biden are both unfit. (Which is not to say equally so.) But which faction do I want to have more influence on the federal apparatus? (I mean: the blues will apparently always run it. So really: do I want it to be deep blue (lol no)...or a little purplish?)
   But aside from that: I'm now probably voting against the faction that most egregiously weaponizes the justice system against its opponents...not even to mention anything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home