Thursday, April 18, 2024

Bill Barr Plans to Vote for the Republican Ticket in November (So I Do Too)

Some time ago, I decided that I would very probably vote however Barr decided to vote. Barr and I agree that the progressivism that has conquered the Democrats is a grave threat to the nation. We agree that the effects of Trump's presidency were generally quite positive. But Barr has significant, direct experience with Trump, his personal defects, and his behavior after he lost the election of 2020. I have a very high opinion of Barr, and he seems to be in an excellent position to weigh the prospect of another Trump presidency against that of a Democratic one--probably Biden...or, more likely, partially Biden, partially Harris.
   And it certainly didn't seem like a foregone conclusion. When asked, last year, what he would do if Trump was the nominee again, he said "I'll jump off that bridge when I come to it." Which seemed to me to indicate the right attitude. 
   At any rate, he's said that he'll vote for "the Republican ticket." So that means I very probably will as well.
   Of course things could happen between now and November to change my mind. But I think it's obvious that a Democrat administration must be avoided, even if at a very high cost. And it's not Biden. Biden, godawful though he is, is one of the less-bad Democrats we might reasonably end up with. The problem is, as Barr correctly notes, the progressive agenda--in short, political correctness / Woketarianism. It's like a plague of madness that has gripped the blue end of the political spectrum. 
   The only question is: is Trump less-bad, or worse? 
   And I don't know of anyone better to make such a judgment than Barr.
   So there it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home