Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Mark R. Weaver: By Modern Standards, Biden Should Be Impeached

This makes me nervous whenever it comes around: an impeachable offense is whatever the House says is an impeachable offense. That just isn't true in the most important sense, even if it's true in some sense or other.
   Here's where we are: the currently-available evidence strongly indicates that Biden is a crook.
   So: an inquiry is needed.
   If it were left up to me, I'd go straight for impeachment. The evidence is so strong that, intuitively, layperson that I am, I'd think a trial is warranted.
   Many Democrats are running around claiming "THERE IS NO EVIDENCE...NOT A SHRED!!!111." That's some indistinguishable combination of ignorance and unhinged partisanship. I don't know how much to blame them--they've got a huge MSM propaganda machine telling them what they want to hear...
   But, in fact, and contrary to what I argued for months: Biden is probably a crook.
   Now:
    [A] An investigation might show that our current evidence is misleading, and the Bidens aren't crooks.
    and:
    [B] Joe Biden's criminality--or crookery--might not constitute a high crime or misdemeanor. I am not a lawyer. I don't know.
    But there simply can be no reasonable doubt about this proposition: an investigation is justified--in fact, mandatory.
   And: we've got far, far better reason to impeach Biden than there was to impeach Trump the first time and perhaps even the second time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home