Monday, May 29, 2023

Were Anti-COVID Policies a Disaster?

I've inclined to think so, FWTW, for quite some time.
   I suppose we won't know for years. But, forced to bet, I'd bet that the costs outweighed the benefits.
Mostly this is because, from fairly early on, it was clear that we were being bullshitted, and that the threat to young, healthy people was being exaggerated. It was hysteria.
   Seemed to me that the Great Barrington Declaration was on the right track. (I suggested in a meeting that JMU should follow it's advice, and was immediately shot down.) 
   Anyway, I don't blame anyone for the initial freakout. It's the seeming effort to prop up hysteria levels and maintain quasi-lockdown conditions long after they had come to seem unjustified that I'm sore about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home