Monday, April 24, 2023

Trump vs. DeSantis: Feelings Have Consequences

   On the one hand, feelings are important, and definitely play a role in such disagreements. OTOH, feelings are largely what drives the unhinged progressive left--really bad feelings combined with, basically, pseudo-reasoning. 
   Similarly with Trump--though the feelings he marshaled were, I think generally good. Not entirely so, of course. But generally so. 
   It doesn't do much good to fret about this, since I have no control over it. Currently DeSantis is, obviously, our best bet. No plausible Democrat is an option, of course, and won't be unless/until the progressive fever breaks. I shudder to think about Trump--he sounds like he's lost it. But, then, he sounded like a nut before, but ended up being surprisingly good, in actual fact, at the job. I guess Youngkin isn't running. Ramaswamy? I don't really know much about him, but everything I hear him say is good...or was, until this abortion is murder business. Which, of course, it might be...but, right now, I'm more interested in trying to save the nation than in figuring that one out.
   I am not looking forward to this next election cycle. If not for the Trumpian monkey wrench in the GOP gears, the Dems would be facing an ass-whoopin' of world-historic proportions. Which might--just might--slap some sense back into them. 
   But that's probably not what's going to happen, is it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home