Thursday, March 16, 2023

Ukraine?

Still don't know, incidentally. I'm a military junkie with no real knowledge of the subject. That's all. I have no idea whether we should be doing what we're doing. I'm inclined to think the Biden administration is doing the obvious thing. And I have no better ideas. "Fight to the last Ukrainian," as a friend of mine puts it. Sometimes all you have are bad options.
   Surprising to me how the right has all fallen in line behind their unofficial None of our business orthodoxy. Did they actually learn something from Iraq? Seems far-fetched...
   OTOH, I'm inclined to think the right is right about this being partially our fault on account of NATO batting its eyes at Ukraine. 
   So I think Putin was pretty right about that part.
   But once the T-72s came rolling across the border, that was that. 
   No more Mr. Nice Hyperpower.
   Oh yeah, but remember: I was ostentatiously wrong about whether or not Putin really intended to attack.
   Shows what I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home