Saturday, December 24, 2022

A Study: More Exercise, Less Severe COVID

Meh. Probably true. But 1 study = 0 studies.
   Of course this is why it was important to close not only gyms but parks and beaches...  It's been a long time since I've been in as crap shape as I was during much of the batflu hysteria--and I go trail-running a lot! But I supplement it with trips to the gym. You can't really go trail-running all the time. Or I can't--my legs are usually trashed for a couple of days after a run. It rains. It gets cold. All that. The only real MMA gym in town close permanently as soon as it was forced to close temporarily--the owners just announced that they couldn't stay open without any income. My university's gym was, of course, mask-hysterical like the rest of the campus. I got into it with them about wearing a mask while working on the heavy bag. I stormed out and didn't go back until they dropped the mask bullshit...which was...like a year I think. Joined up down t' the Planet Fitness which, say what you will about it, was not mask crazy...
   Anyway. Of course the Official Story is basically that you must get ten vaxes and wear ten masks and "SHELTER IN PLACE, BIGOT!!!111ONEone...and nothing else will do anything... I don't think I ever heard any official--or even media--source say Get in shape; dump ten pounds; get that cardio up. Inter alia, that'll reduce your odds of getting diabetes, a notable batflu comorbidity...which also probably has a better chance of killing you than the batflu does...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home