Friday, June 24, 2022

SCOTUS Overturns Roe!

Even more amazing!
And I do merely mean: surprising/astonishing, not necessarily good. Nor bad. Just amazing.
Not that we didn't know this was coming...but it still seems unreal.
I don't have much of a position on abortion, though I do tend, on general libertarian grounds, to think it should be legal, especially early in pregnancy. But the consensus among people I trust is that it was bad law. Though I can't even remember whether I ever read it. But I think I did in Con Law, for whatever that's worth. Anyway: sounds like it's bad law. I maintained a commitment to it for years for the bad reason that I wanted a right to privacy. Boo for me. That was big, fat cheating.
Of course the important questions are (i) was it bad law, and (ii) was this decision right on the legal merits? I don't know the answers to those questions.
The important thing: don't judge the decision according to whether it accords or fails to accord with your view about the permissibility of abortion.
Anyway: amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home