Friday, June 17, 2022

Musk: All Lives Matter

People should say this at every opportunity, because it pisses off progressives and BLM types (but I repeat myself). 
I don't personally believe that all lives matter--I think there are a lot of terrible people in the world, and that their live don't matter. Hitler's life didn't matter, to take a convenient example. Or if it did, it didn't much. 
Nevertheless, it's a decent sentiment, even if false.
Progressives/BLMers say that it's racist...but they say everything is racist. So who cares what they say? I think BLM's slogan is supposed to suggest that it means "black lives matter too"...as if the meaningfulness of nonblack lives were a given. I'm no longer convinced that's what it means. Now I suspect it means just what it says. And nothing more.
At any rate, progressives think they get to set the rules by fiat. So it's good to take every opportunity to make it clear--to them and everybody else--that they don't.
So: all lives matter.
Not, again, that I believe that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home