Friday, December 31, 2021

Liel Leibovitz: "The Turn"

I posted on this when it came out, but I'm going through Bari Weiss's year-end top ten, so I re-read it.
I was less impressed with it this time. I mean--the first read was the most important. Back then it was more important to hear other people's redpilling stories. It doesn't really sound like Leibovitz has paid that high a price for leaving the left, actually...and also sounds like he was on its nuttier extreme... But, still: if you're looking for a redpilling story, it's a decent one. 
   I disagree that 'right' and 'left' are empty labels. Redpilling isn't just about recognizing and admitting that the left is a train wreck. It's also about recognizing and admitting that the right has been a lot righter all along than you realized. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home