Tuesday, August 03, 2021

Jacobin on the Eviction Moratorium

Well, at least they're right that Congress is a coequal branch of government...
I don't know what to think about the moratorium. As I've said, we'd be f*cked if we'd had to basically pay rent for two other sets of people for the last year. The righties see this has tantamount to theft, and Kavanaugh as a traitor for refusing to overturn it. I certainly don't think the CDC should have any authority to enact or extend it. But, as I've said, I understand the state's interest in preventing mass evictions, especially during the aftershocks of a pandemic. But I see it somewhat less when the government is basically paying people not to work...
Still...this is an issue I almost don't deserve an opinion on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home