Monday, June 07, 2021

Another Stray Thought, Re: Gain-Of-Function Research

Erm, how about you do everything you can to develop a vaccine first? I mean...you know that you're tacking on a spike protein... And you know what that's supposed to do, and how it's supposed to do it. I guess you can't develop the vaccine first / without having the finished product...else: who do the GoF thing at all? But why not set up everything you can for a treatment ahead of time? I mean--maybe they did. I don't know.

Also: if you ARE going to do GoF research...how about NOT F*CKING FARMING IT OUT TO OUR LARGELY-INCOMPETENT GLOBAL RIVAL? If they do it right, then you've helped them produce a possible bioweapon. If they don't do it right, that may mean: they made it right but then let it get out. I don't see how anyone would think that this was a good idea. Though, of course, I know very little about all this. And details matter. A lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home