Monday, May 03, 2021

Tim Scott Stopped By Police 18 Times For "Driving While Black"?

link    I think he's probably pretty trustworthy on this. I also think this sort of thing is (as I've said before) more likely to be in the vicinity of the real problem. The stuff about racist cops indiscriminately murdering black men is just--so far as we can tell--just not true. But other stuff like disproportionate stopping-and-frisking...much more plausible. Of course we still have to ask whether such incidents are proportionate to crime rates. That'd change the problem significantly. I've had interactions with a couple of asshole cops here and there--but I don't think I've ever been stopped for no reason. I was always speeding (which, FTR, I don't do that much) or had a tail-light out or whatever. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home