Friday, May 28, 2021

Donna Brazil: A Pandemic Of Antisemitism?

In at least some of these cases, the attackers are declaring their antisemitism during the attack. (How many? I don't know.)
   Do we know of any cases in which people attacking Asians have declared that they hate Asians, or that they consider them to be responsible for or carriers of COVID-19? (I have a dim recollection of maybe one such case?)
   I tend to consider violent attacks to be violent attacks, regardless of whether they're motivated by racism or some other variety of psychopathic assholery. I say put all such assailants in the slammer and throw away the key. But I do see the arguments on the other side, and I'm certainly not sure that "hate crimes" shouldn't be a special category.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home