Thursday, April 15, 2021

Your Blue Future: The Racial Double-Standard Re: Violence

One of the many things conservatives recognize but liberals and progressives don't--or that they refuse to recognize--is the new double-standard with respect to black-white violence: violent confrontations between blacks and whites will be spun in favor of blacks / against whites. They will usually only be covered at all if the violence is either white-on-black...or can be spun that way. In a country where even black-on-Asian hate crimes are white supremacy, what do you think's going to be said about a fight between a white guy and a black guy? This is downright unbelievable to me. Honestly, I absolutely, positively, never would have predicted this. Not only did I not predict it, but I never would have. In fact, to my shame, I kind of resisted believing it. And I resisted that in part because I knew that if I acknowledged it, then I'd have to say it. And if I said it, it'd only be a matter of time before I was accused of being a racist. And there's just no appeal from that one. This is one of the truths that you absolutely cannot speak out loud now outside of conservative circles. And yet it is a truth, and an obvious one at this point.
   Anytime stories--even videos--like this emerge, I know what's coming: deluge of outrage...followed by actual facts being revealed that show that things weren't quite as they'd been represented...which facts are hatefacts, of course, and therefore are ignored by the left and the media (but I repeat myself). In this case, I saw the video and thought: Well obviously this big white Army dude might simply be picking on this smaller black dude because he's a racist who doesn't want him in his neighborhood...maybe... I mean...it's possible...but...I doubt that's what's happening...  
   And, of course: it's already pretty clear that that's not what happened. Apparently the kid had acted aggressively toward people in the neighborhood, and they asked Army dude to intervene. That bit, of course, gets short shrift. (And, of course: that's reminiscent of what happened with George Zimmerman...) Then Army dude is put in jail...because that's the America we now live in... Not to say that he acted optimally...and, of course, arresting him might turn out to have been the right thing to do...but...again...I'm skeptical... But anyway: then BLM "protests"--mostly peaceful, of course!--began outside his house. With his family inside. And him in jail. And then completely unexpectedly--but mostly peacefully, of course!--they turned violent...! Whoa...didn't see that coming! And the cops weren't there. Because, y'know: totally unexpectedly, mostly peaceful, yadda yadda... 
   And now, of course, this case is being distorted and spun and nipped and tucked to fit the fiction that the media has turned into fact... Well...not actual fact...but politically correct justicefact. Their "narrative"--about perfectly innocent blacks being attacked for no reason whatsoever--except, y'know, racism--by totally racist whites.
   I especially like the hushed, somber tones in which Stephanopolous and his fellow talking heads greet this news...as "another case of white-on-black violence" or however it was that they put it.
   This is your blue future, America. The media is weaving a tale right before our eyes, and the punchline is: hate whitey
   And almost everyone I know is either genuinely blind to this...or afraid to speak up...or they're downright prostrating themselves and begging for forgiveness for, y'know, being whitey...
   And, of course, everything in this post is a hatefact. Seeing them makes you a racist. And saying them makes you a double racist. Because mere authoritarianism is ok with repressing you and just saying fuck you if you object. Totalitarianism also refuses to let you recognize your own repression.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home