Sunday, April 11, 2021

Joe Biden, Radical?

Not the kind of ideas I'm wild about anymore:
Perhaps most importantly, Biden himself has embraced the expansive view of what the federal government can do to boost the US economy. His repeated mentions of shifting "the paradigm" economically aren't hyperbolic, aides say. He sees this as a moment for transformation -- and has no plans to back off plans with a scale and ambition unseen for decades.
But waddoo I know?
   I'd guess that Biden's being pushed/pulled along by others in his administration. If someone were really a moderate his whole career, and then showed obvious signs of cognitive decline, and was surrounded by radicals, and then just happened to become radical himself...well...rather a coincidence. 
   Another depressing paragraph:
But Biden is surrounded by an economic team that, in many cases, has spent years writing, teaching or speaking about a dramatic rebalancing of the federal government's role in driving economic outcomes.
 Oh great. writing, teaching and talking. But I repeat myself. Forgive me if this doesn't fill be with confidence about their actual knowledge and experience. 
   Of course it's possible that their ideas are good. But I now incline to think that sweeping changes are bad changes--with few enough exceptions to ignore them for practical purposes.
   Eh, maybe I'm just feeling cranky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home