Tuesday, April 06, 2021

"Jim Eagle"

That line is pure cringe.
Obviously it's not up to Trumpian standards of facepalmery... But it's just...well...I'm insufficiently caffeinated so I can't come up with anything other than cringe...
It doesn't even make any sense. I couldn't even figure out what he was trying to say at first. I mean...eagle as in USA...? Or what?? Finally I figured it out...I guess... Eagle as in: bigger and meaner than crow? Uh...right? But then why not hawk? Or, I dunno, vulture or something? Eagle is ambiguous as between the two implications. 
   This doesn't even move the needle given current standards of dumbassery. It just bugs me.
   As for the substance of the laws: yet again, the Pubs seem much, much righter than the Dems. H.R.1 seems extremely unreasonable to me, and the Dems' proposed measures seem mostly sensible. I do realize that there doesn't seem to be a lot of identifiable fraud...but, nevertheless, I'd prefer measures aimed to keep it that way. And I have no interest at all in increasing turnout among people who can't even bestir themselves to go get a picture I.D. This is a long-held position and has nothing to do with my redpilling. A decade or more ago I got pushback here for opposing motor-voter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home