Friday, April 23, 2021

Christopher Rufo: How To Fight Critical Race Theory

"The Courage Of Our Convictions"
That's an excellent piece, according to me.
I'm surprised at how quickly lots of non-philosophers brought themselves up to speed on this largely-philosophical madness. They've done a hellofalot better than philosophers have. Philosophy--at least its more public face, on the web--has beclowned itself. It's part of the problem.
I don't necessarily agree with Rufo about not taking CRT on on theoretical grounds...but he's probably right and I'm probably wrong. Though that's the ground I've been fighting it mostly on ever since graduate school. It lose there, too--though it's easier to flim-flam people on that ground..so, yeah, Rufo's probably right.

Um, and I can't resist adding: as for whether or not this nonsense was dangerous, and as for whether it could just be ignored, and as for whether it would remain isolated to academia: I was right. You can't just hunker down and hope it will go away. It won't. It's a bunch of stupid ideas that are destructive as hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home