Thursday, March 11, 2021

Brendan O'Neill: The Weaponization of Suicide

This should have been predictable from a cultural faction that has adopted the strategy of winning via imperative ad miseracordium: do as I say, or it will harm me. Exaggerating your weakness is the winning tactic by the rules of the PC left. But it's worse than that. The most dangerous thing in this vicinity is the prevalence of doxastic/epistemic versions of the fallacy: you must pretend to believe--or, preferably, actually believe--what I believe / want you to believe, or it will harm me. And, of course, the pinnacle of all this is: you must believe as I tell you to believe or I will harm myself... A kind of weird combination of ad miseracordium and ad baculum...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home