Wednesday, August 12, 2020

The Progressive Prime Directive: Suppress Debate And Disagreement: "Refuse To Debate" Variant

Funny how many different reasons they have for suppressing disagreement and making sure the vast number of devastating objections to their crazy views don't receive a fair hearing...
   Here's Bill "I Have Always Been Wrong About Everything" Kristol* doing his part to advance the effort to eliminate the debates.



*Given the upheaval in my political views over the last couple of years, it's comforting to have a few constants..and Bill Kristol being wrong provides one of them.**

**Actually, my fundamental views haven't changed that much. There have been some changes, e.g. a greater skepticism of the center-left commitment to government by experts... And a much greater skepticism about global warming...though that's not fundamental. I just began reading more widely and deeply about it, and stopped automatically dismissing the skeptics. Anyway: my separation from the American left has coincided with that left's lurching far left, into antiliberal territory--and my separation from the Dems coincided with their takeover by antiliberal progressivism. And my greater sympathy with the Pubs has--though not as closely--coincided with their movement leftward on certain social issues. And my changed position on Trump has been a result of being more objective about him, recognizing that the MSM can't be trusted about him, focusing on his actual policies, appointments and actions rather than the demeanor stuff...and of Russiagate. 
   tl;dr: I didn't leave the Democratic party, the Democratic party left me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home