Wednesday, June 24, 2020

When Righties Wanted ID Taught As A Small, Alternative Unit, Academia Reacted With Fury; The Left Now Controls Much Of What Can Be Taught, What Can Be Said, Who Can Be Fired

I fought in the creationism wars in a somewhat public way, on the side of evolution. I'll admit, I ridiculed creationism and ID mercilessly. I was young and stupid. If I had it to do again, I'd represent ID as a rather distant possibility with very serious problems...but I'd note that attenuated versions of the view might have something to offer.
   But my point is: creationists had what was by contemporary standards, a rather modest request: teach our view, too, as an alternative to the orthodoxy. Now, that's still quite an "ask" as all the kids are annoyingly saying these days...but compare it to the power of the left:
In the humanities and social sciences, the left can more-or-less dictate what's taught. It doesn't merely pressure people to teach a small unit in which a preferred view is taught as an alternative to the orthodoxy--it has the power to determine (largely at least) what the orthodoxy is, and whether it's permissible to teach any alternatives at all
   I guarantee you that the gospel of BLM and progressive "antiracism," and gender and transgender ideology are being taught in thousands of classrooms across the nation. But teach about a sane alternative, even in an objective, neutral way, and you're in for a world of hurt, bigot...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home