Monday, June 29, 2020

Washington Post Editor Issues Veiled Threat Against White Women

Karen Attiah says that white women are "lucky" that nonwhite(? black?) women aren't calling for revenge (obviously in the form of physical harm) against them. 
I've often railed against people falsely claiming that they were getting death threats--someone saying "I wish you were dead" is not, under any even vaguely normal circumstances, a death threat. 
But "you're lucky I'm not looking for revenge"...well...that's moving into veiled threat territory. It means, basically: You deserve to be on the receiving end of revenge...therefore you're fortunate that I choose not to seek it. Because I'd be justified in doing so...
Not an overt threat, obviously...but in a vicinity it ought not to be.
Again: I'm not one of the crazy left, and I'm not like the crazy left. If Attiah were to say, convincingly, that she made a mistake and that's not what she meant--well, people do make mistakes. 
But it looks pretty bad right now.
Funny how non-leftists can have their lives ruined for minor infelicities even in non-public statements...but people like Attiah and Sarah Jeong can make public anti-white statements--even statements containing vague incitements to violence--and it's just dandy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home