Monday, February 03, 2020

Saletan: Bernie Is The Opponent Trump Wants

The knives are out for Bernie, you betcha.
   I mean, Saletan is right. And I respect the guy. But I'd have cast the discussion a bit differently: Bernie's a nice old coot, but his policies are crazy. Crazier than Biden's that is...because, right now, every single Democrat has crazy policies. (Don't forget that Biden says that the "Equality Act" would be his first priority if elected...)
   I always considered Saletan a centrist, though I now read him less than I used to. Folks like him should face the fact that Trump's more of a centrist and a "pragmatist" than Biden is now...because Biden's part of the Dems, and the Dems have lurched so far left that even a centrist Democrat is very far left by objective and historical measures.
   Of course you might not want to have anything to do with Trump because he's, well, Trump. Which I understand. But you should make sure that you've taken a good, hard look at what you'll be voting for if you vote for the blue team this time around. Even aside from everything else: won't you please think of the Supremes?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home