Sunday, January 26, 2020

The Doomsday Clock Sounds Like Kind Of A Joke

I remember hearing about this when I was younger, but not more recently.
First: it seems ridiculous to suggest that we're "closer to doomsday" than we were during the Cold war...including the Cuban Missile Crisis.
Second: Eventually, one comes to realize that predicting doomsday is some kind of a weird obsession with some people.
Third: Jerry Brown??
   Of course it's largely about global warming, when progressive Jesus rises from the ocean and floods the third world and takes all the meek with him back to heaven and leaves the rest of us here without coffee to be scolded by Greta Thunberg for eternity...or something like that.

There's a lot of stupid in the world. I don't know why I feel like I have to complain about so much of it. It's probably harmless. Well...no. Actually, I take that back. I wonder what stuff like this actually does? It can't be good to gratuitously fan the flames of anxiety about everything all the time.
   Another START treaty does seem like a no-brainer, though. There was link to a piece about horrible Trump and nuclear agreements, but I thought I'd look for an actual news source instead of the Guardian.
   Eh, I've gotten too fed up with such stuff to be neutral about it right now. What to I know? Nothing is what, when you get right down to it. Instead of complaining about this I should be reading all that stuff about impeachment that I've been ignoring and be wrong about that instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home