Friday, July 12, 2019

Trump Is Absolutely, Positively Guilty Watch: Emoluments Decision

Needless to say, Trump is absolutely, positively, beyond a shadow of a doubt guilty of many, many things...the puzzle, however, is this: why can't it ever be proven? He can't keep getting away with it!
Today's puzzler: his absolute, positive, beyond a shadow of a doubt guilt in violating the emoluments clause.
This all seems to have come down to a lack of standing, so it doesn't mean as much as it might have.
For the record, I have no position whatsoever on the question Is Trump in violation of the emoluments clause? I'd like to know the answer, of course, but I have no rooting interest. If forced to bet, given the dismal record of progressive Trumpsteria, I suppose I'd guess that this is just more of the same. But I really don't have a clue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home