Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Will: "I'm For As Much Immigration As The Economy Can Take"

link
Cool. I'm willing to listen to those arguments. It's long sounded to me like we do need more immigration to make it through boomer retirements.
   So: consider expanding legal immigration until the bunny is through the python. We're all for legal immigration around here; nation of immigrants and all that.
   I do wonder when GFW turned into a libertarian--but that's ok. I've got sympathies with the libertarians. I kinda also wonder how he'd feel if conservative opinionators were routinely overstaying their visas and driving down wages in the pundit biz...but, hey: open question.
   To summarize once again: legal immigration: good. Illegal immigration: not good. Massive, barely-controlled illegal immigration: bad. I'm not exactly clear on why the third of those things is any more controversial than the first of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home