Saturday, October 13, 2018

DCCC On Da Phone

Just got a fundraising call from the DCCC. I told the dude, politely, right up front that I wasn't going to contribute. He asked why. I told him. He started talking over me and trotting out all the currently-fashionable left-wing nonsense...hate speech, only racists oppose the Dems...we don't technically support Antifa...  I'm calling him on red herrings and non sequiturs...the thing is, he can't even be minimally sane, minimally reasonable and minimally liberal for the three minutes it might have taken to get some money out of me. Well...not me anymore...but past me. Or somebody like me. He's talking over me like crazy. I start getting pissed. I start talking over him. I tell him that all the Dems have to do is stiff-arm the crazy left. Just shift back to the center a bit, and I'm back on board... Then comes "Nazis" this and "the Klan" that and "you know what happened when the Nazis came to Boston? We put the boot to their heads." "Well, there ya go," I said. "You've confirmed my point. You people don't believe in the First Amendment." But he couldn't stop. Eventually I said "Not only am I not giving you any money, just because of this call, I'm not going to give the Dems any money this year at all, and, in fact, I'm going to call up the NRCC and give them some money." He still couldn't stop. By the end he's saying "WE'LL BE RIDING THAT BLUE WAVE IN NOVEMBER," and I'm saying "I'll be laughing my ass off when that doesn't happen..." Then I hung up on him.
   In my experience--and I have a lot of it--the people working the phones for Democratic fundraising are pretty bad. Either rude people who are getting paid for it or nutty dogmatists like this guy. (People doing GOTV phone banks stuff and canvassing are completely different in my experience.) He couldn't even be reasonable for a solid minute. He just started right in with the bullshit like "if we stand up for ourselves we're called an angry mob," which prompted me to laugh at him. And try to patiently (well, semi-patiently) explain that nobody is saying that. What we're saying is that when you're an angry mob your an angry mob.
   RIP donkey team, I guess.

[LOL oh, forgot the part where, after I said "Z0MG ahm totally giving to the NRCC," he said "I've got their number right here: 1-800-KKK." LOL that was pretty funny actually. Though I'm pretty easily amused.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home