Thursday, April 12, 2018

DC and NYC Will Look The Other Way If You Illegally Bar Men From Your Social Club...

But they might not if you also bar men pretending to be women.
   Oh, brave new world...
   In general, though,, this is the sort of thing I used to be against, but now I think I'd be ok with it if it were applied equitably, and all-male social clubs were also permitted. Not that I can, in all honesty, think of any good reasons for wanting to belong to a club such that every one of its events is absolutely guaranteed to be a sausagefest. But to each his own.
   OTOH, it seems unprincipled to allow single-sex social clubs but not single-race analogs. Which...in principle, I'd probably be ok with, monumentally repulsive as the idea is. But in actual practice...damn, my innate libertarianism grows faint of heart at that point, I gotta admit.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeebus. It's like the actually want a civil war.
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/04/why-democrats-should-rig-the-senate-and-pack-the-supreme-court.html?via=article_recirc_engaged

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home