Friday, March 02, 2018

REI Stops Selling 5 NRA-Linked Brands

Well...I'm not pro-NRA...and I love REI...but I think I'm going to cancel my membership over this.
   I'm sick of the left's view that politics must pervade everything...including our business dealings and personal lives. "The personal is political" is one of the most insidious ideas of our time. I'd rather not get dragged into such nonsense...but damn.
   Hell...maybe I should join the NRA again...haven't been a member for decades...I don't actually agree with all that much...but damn. They may be on their way to being the less-crazy side in this debate.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pete Mack said...

"Look what the leftists made me do"...is not a logically sound argument for joining the NRA. The NRA has a serious flaw in that their main constituent are gun manufacturers, so they tend to view any problem as solvable by selling more guns, and putting them in more places. Church, school, barrooms...you name it, more guns will help solve problems there. There is just no room for restricting sales in any way in their view.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Winston Smith said...

Representing the interests of gun manufacturers--in addition to the interests of millions of American gun-owners--isn't necessarily a bad thing.

And, though I still don't like the NRA, I'm much *more* worried about the progressive view that politics should pervade everything. Now *that's* a destructive view.

But don't worry--I'll have to get considerably more pissed off before I'll seriously consider re-joining the NRA.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Dark Avenger said...

https://youtu.be/1IDpQPW-l44

https://youtu.be/hn1VxaMEjRU

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home