Friday, March 30, 2018

Philosophy And The M*ther F*ckin' Mirror of Nature

Wow. I'm teaching--if you want to call it that--the final chapters of Rorty's Philosophy And The Mirror Of Nature again in American Philosophy (aka Peirce And Some Inconsequential Others)... Damn. I mean, I seriously do not have a lot of natural affinity for Rorty. And he's certainly short on actual arguments late in the book. But there's stuff in there that's pretty insightful and interesting. Or so I'm currently inclined to think. Quasi-arguments that at least warrant attention. I mean...I haven't got to the final chapter again yet...that's the one that really, usually, makes me flip my shit. So I could be singing a different tune tomorrow.
   I'm just sayin' that Rorty deserves more respect than people like me are inclined to give him. Even if he's wrong as shit about shit.

1 Comments:

Anonymous darius jedburgh said...

Agreed. But I date Rorty's really going off the reservation to significantly later than the publication of PATMON. Or even Consequences of Pragmatism.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home