Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Trump Insults Navajo Code-Talkers [Oops...I Guess Not...]

This is infuriating.
What, maybe insult the Tuskegee Airmen for an encore?
I've defended Trump's use of the 'Pocahantas' insult before. It's not racist; he's making fun of Warren for, apparently, fudging the facts when it came to her alleged Indian ancestry. Now, hers may have been an honest mistake--which, as somebody around here once pointed out, isn't that far-fetched. And I agree. We all want Indian ancestry...everybody's 1/16th Cherokee...vague family stories and beliefs about native ancestors are a dime a dozen. But it's plausible to think that Warren lied. And, if so, that's much closer to being racist than it is to make fun of her for doing it by calling her 'Pocahantas.' That's not an insult to American Indians...it's not even an insult to Pocahantas. It's only an insult to Warren. If someone falsely claimed to be from the great state of Missouri, and got busted on the lie, and I thereafter referred to him as "Harry Truman," that's not some kind of slur against Missourians, nor against Truman.
HOWEVER...YOU DON'T DO THAT AT A WHITE HOUSE EVENT HONORING THE FOR-THE-LOVA-GOD CODE-TALKERS.
   I don't even know why it's insulting--but it sure as hell is.
   Jesus Christ. I mean...seriously. That guy is a dim-witted boor. I really just can't stand him.

[Whelp...shows what I know, I reckon:
Code-Talker Tomas Begay Not Offended by Trump's 'Pocahantas' Comment]

[Others--families of code-talkers--disagree]

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This isn’t related but I don’t know anyone else who gives a shit about jets and I need a second opinion. Did you see Trump’s thanksgiving remarks about the F35? I more or less hate the guy; but I try to be aware of that when I judge him, e.g try to give him the benefit of the doubt, etc. Even still, I really think he thinks they’re literally invisible. The commander-in-chief, ladies and gentlemen...

7:18 PM  
Blogger Winston Smith said...

I...did not see that... Even *he* couldn't believe that...could he?

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well yea, you’d think, right? You should watch the clip. It’s oddly entertaining, if a bit, uh, alarming?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_mrWUrMK5d4

7:51 PM  
Blogger Winston Smith said...

Ugh...that guy is such an awkward cringe monster...[shudder]...

I dunno, man...there's this thing where people tend to exaggerate because they want to tell a good story...I kinda think that last little bit ("they can't see it even if it's right next to them") was just kinda more bullshitting than anything.

But who knows what that dude thinks about anything?

8:02 PM  
Blogger Pete Mack said...

It's not the insult to Warren that matters. This was supposed to be an event *honoring the code talkers.* Trump did not give a shit about that. Yeah, I'd be insulted. (I also would not particularly trust a site called weaselzippers.)

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home