Sunday, November 26, 2017

Is It Racist To Be Skeptical About The Possibility Of Friendship Between Blacks And Whites?

This is the piece a lot of people are calling racist.
   I don't see it.
   I mean, racism could motivate such a view, but I don't see any convincing evidence that it does so in this case. Also, the author's wife is apparently half white, for one thing. So...anti-white racism (which I take it is the charge): way, way, way unlikely.
   I mean, I think the essay is kinda crap, but that's a different matter. For one thing, Yankah reports that his wife is his best friend--which, though perhaps not technically inconsistent with his thesis, probably ought to be counted as disconfirming evidence for it. Also, he gets fairly close to no-true-Scotsmaning--blacks and whites can be friends...but not true friends...
   It kinda seemed to me to be a bit of TDS with a racial spin on it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It doesn't strike me as racist. It does strike me as a leading indicator that the multiculturalist ideal is collapsing under its own weight, even among those who you would expect to be its strongest adherents.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home