Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Gawker: "The White Racial Slur We've All Been Waiting For"

   Wow, these people really are nauseatingly idiotic.  There's a whole lot that's repulsive here, and representative of the trendy left--the emphasis on insulting whites, males, and heterosexuals (and especially white, male, heterosexuals) over helping disadvantaged groups, the bizarre obsession with words and superficial linguistic silliness, the tin ear for language despite being obsessed with it, the inability to reason clearly, the passionate devotion to double standards, the link between SJW/neo-PCs and the weaker regions of the humanities and social sciences...
   ...but really, it's the abuse of academia for the purposes of political indoctrination that the most nauseating aspect of this nauseating stew of nauseating moonbattery.  
   Yeah, I know...it's Gawker... It's easy to laugh off...but before you do so, just briefly reflect on the fact that there are real professors out there devoted to making their classrooms into pseudo-academic approximations of re-education camp...
   
   Of course a liberal is someone who is too open-minded to take his own side in an argument...so I do feel compelled to say that I think a lot of folks might learn something from being on the wrong end of a really stinging prejudicial term... But that grain of truth doesn't seem to me to be nearly weighty enough to constitute a defense of the BS on the other end of that link... Even the BSiest BS commonly has some fragment of truth somewhere in it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pete Mack said...

You have proven that there are idiot liberals, although I hardly needed proof.

What would be interesting is a statistical analysis of the ratio of idiotic articles to non-idiotic articles at these various sites you claim to dislike. I'm actually pretty bored by the idiots, and I by and large don't read them. So they don't really bother me except at second hand, in a theoretic kind of way. And at the same level, I'd like to know how many there are.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Winston Smith said...

Yeah, I'm certainly not dismissing such a project, but it's not the kind I personally would be interested in conducting.

For comparison: the vast majority of what the contemporary GOP says is perfectly sane.

But even 10% batshit crazy is crazy enough to provoke me to make fun of somebody...

Of course making fun of Gawker is like making fun of...I dunno...Entertainment Tonight or something... I don't pretend I'm doing any kind of serious work here.

6:39 AM  
Blogger The Mystic said...

It was so painful, I didn't even read it with any sort of consideration, but I did see:

"White racial slurs are not common in our colorblind age because they don't work on people who posses white privilege."

Hey! Finally, a way to tell if you have white privilege or not. Now, we just need to know what it means for a racial slur to "work"...

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home