Wednesday, November 07, 2012

The Speeches

I'll listen to them again when I get a chance, but I have to say, I did not care for Romney's speech at all. I was surfing around the cable networks at that point--even including Fox in my rotation--and all the cable drones were saying how gracious and wonderful Romney's speech was...but it didn't sound that way at all to me. No reason to harp on it, I suppose. I hope I'm wrong.

Obama's speech was, I thought, excellent, and about an order of magnitude more gracious than Romney's.

I'm not going to know what to do with myself today. Wiped out, worried, and afflicted with a cold, I didn't even stop by the victory party last night, so I lack a sense of what I guess they call "closure," though the work bugs me. Won't know what to do with myself today...

What a relief this all is. I can't believe this election was even close. But America managed to squeak out a good decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home