Tuesday, September 02, 2008

McCain Operatives Can't Keep Straight Faces About Palin

I'm frequently astonished at the extraordinarily concentrated bullshit that political hacks and flacks can spew with something like straight faces. But it seems that the Palin nomination is pushing some of them beyond their BS thresholds. I mean, is it just me, or are their mouths twisted into rictuses...rictus...ricti as they try to put on a happy face about all this? Seriously, this one cute-ish blond professional bullshitter was on CNN the other night, and she was so freaked out that her big, phoney grin-mask kept falling off her face, and then you'd see her be all like: "oh, sh!t! I'm losing quality brand-added/interaction-value customer-product on-camera smile time here!" and then she'd basically put the grin-mask back on. But she had to keep spewing out transparent pro-Palin nonsense that even she couldn't in any way believe (and remember: these people are very good at deceiving themselves, as are most good liars), the mask would...start...slipping...off... And then she'd just be sitting there with this "oh my God I'm on television totally busted, I got nothing, if I had a soul I would be so humiliated" face on again, until she remembered to put the horrifying girn-mask back on.

I sort of get the idea that the hyper-religious loons actually might be as excited about Palin as the McCain PR department is saying (though probably not)... But all the sane folks seem to realize that they are B-U-S-T-E-D. It's very hard for me to believe that the GOP is not sh!tting its collective pants right about now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home