Monday, July 28, 2008

Off to AZ, Blogging to Be Even Lighter Than Usual

JQ and I are off to a Peirce conference in Flagstaff, then some hiking in the Grand Canyon, then a short side trip to CO, as her folks just moved to Denver.

This is good for many reasons. Among them: it'll help me ignore the news. For, when Dennis Kucinich starts seeming like one of the saner folks in Washington...well, clearly I need a vacation...



And why, exactly, did Bush and company let OBL go? I guess I thought it was just that they cared more about Iraq. But could it have been that they knew that taking out OBL would botch their Iraq plans? That is, could they have let OBL go on purpose??? As a means to invading Iraq? Normally I would never even take such a hypothesis seriously...but given what we know to be true about them, such hypotheses--or so it seems to me--can simply no longer be rejected out of hand, outlandish though they would seem under normal conditions.

As I've said before, one of the things I hate most about this administration is that they make me feel like some kind of conspiracy nut.

Oh, and that they are evil.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had this same thought on occasion. Of course, an idea with that tiny amount of complexity would require some modicum of competence. I don’t believe that is available in this case. Recognizing this point always squashes the conspiracy theory for me.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home