Saturday, May 10, 2008

ProCon.org

ProCon.org is worth a look. There's a good idea here, though I have to say, about five minutes of poking around made me a little skeptical about this way of doing it. They basically just give about a one-paragraph quote from five or six sources on each side of a question, giving each source what seems to be a kind of credibility rating. Seems to me that the problem is that you can make almost any issue look like a toss-up in this way. I think they're just trying to give people an solid introduction to some of the bumper-sticker versions of the arguments on each side--and that's way better than nothing. But I'm not sure you can do much to advance people's understanding of such issues without doing something a little more extensive than this. Still, it's an interesting idea, and it'd be great if the interwebs had more sites along these lines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home