Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Richardson/Judas

O.k., so...Bill Richardson says that he broke for Obama in part because the Clinton camp was going too negative...and they respond by calling him "Judas." Jeez, talk about your basic irrefutable confirmation of his claim and decision...

A short dialog:

Smith: I have decided not to support Jones because he tells anyone who refuses to support him to FOAD.

Jones: FOAD!

But also, lemme get this straight: their view is that he should have put personal loyalty to HRC over what he saw as the good of the country???? That's nuts!

And, in addition to being nuts, doesn't it sound an awful lot like the kind of BS view that helped run the country into the ditch over the last seven grueling, disastrous years?

I mean, I'm all for personal loyalty...until it conflicts with other, weightier moral considerations. Which, of course, it does in this case.

Incidentally: I've never much liked Carville, though I used to tolerate him because he was one of the few Democratic operatives that could be anywhere near as tough and mean as the other guys. But, as in so many cases, my decision to tolerate folks I didn't much like just because they were the lesser of the available evils is coming back to annoy and embarrass me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home