Sunday, November 11, 2007

Frank Rich: The Coup At Home

About half the time, my inner political monologue sounds about like this. The other half of the time I think I must be over-reacting, or slipping into partisanship, or some such thing. However, in this case it can't be partisanship, since I'm almost as disgusted with the Dems for letting the crooks, nuts and idiots in this administration get away with it all as I am with the crooks, nuts and idiots themselves. I guess it could be "BDS," but, as I've said before, I didn't start out hating Bush, I was driven there by his actions and decisions. I did go ballistic after his team tried to steal the election of 2000 (more people should have gone ballistic, actually), but I totally re-set after 9/11, ignoring the last year of aggressively divisive politics. By the time we invaded Afghanistan, I was as about as at peace with Bush as a guy like me can be with a guy like him. Then the marketing campaign to invade Iraq began, and the intensified campaign to divide the country and vilify his opponents...and you know the rest of the story. So here's agreeing with Rich--at least half (well, more like 75% of) the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home