Thursday, July 19, 2007

Can Petraeus's Assessment of the Surge be Trusted?

Glenn Greenwald: no.

This is really, really too bad. And it preempts a suggestion I was about to make: instead of pushing prematurely for a troop withdrawal, Dems should push to (a) insure that Petraeus gives us the straight dope and (b) insure that we prepare to leave if things haven't improved significantly.

I certainly hope Greenwald is wrong...but it doesn't look good. (e.g.: choosing Hugh Hewitt as an interviewer...hardly a good sign...)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"There is no cannibalism in the British navy, absolutely none, and when
I say none, I mean there is..... a certain amount." - Sir John Cunningham

Sorry, but the closest analog I could come up with for Petraeus is a character in a Monty Python skit.

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The closest analog I can think of for Petraeus is a character in a Monty Python skit:

"There is no cannibalism in the British navy, absolutely none, and when
I say none, I mean there is...a certain amount." - Sir John Cunningham

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing out of the executive branch can be trusted.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home